This page provides information related to trainings offered by OVSJG grantees. If you have a training event you would like added to this page, please email Christopher Dyer.
Free Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training (Adult/Adolescent)
May 4-8, 2020
8:00 am- 5:00 pm
1152 15th Street NW #900
Forensic nurses provide compassionate and trauma-informed care to patients who have experienced violent crime and abuse. A forensic nurse is specially trained to gather evidence and provide testimony that can be used in court. This unique specialty blends the worlds of nursing, psychology, and the legal system.
- 40 hours of classroom education
- Clinical preceptorship opportunities
- Course materials
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) contact hours
- This is a competitive application process and space is limited
- This opportunity is for Registered Nurses ONLY.
- Registered Nurses from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to applicants with active DC Nursing Licenses who have not completed SANE training previously.
- Selection for this cohort is highly competitive. Applications will be evaluated holistically on factors including professionalism, demonstrated desire to become a forensic nurse, and ability to contribute unique perspectives to the field.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance to the program by March 23rd.
Apply by March 6th for this exciting and free opportunity!
For questions, email [email protected].
4th Annual Child Abuse Awareness Symposium
April 30th-May 1st
Nursing and Social Work hours will be provided.
April 30 Pre-Conference
Watch the HBO documentary FOSTER and participate in a discussion with local experts.
(We are serving popcorn and candy!)
Location: DC Children’s Advocacy Center, 429 O Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
Time: 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Topics include Intergenerational trauma, sex trafficking, the impact of trauma in childhood and much more. (Breakfast and Lunch are included) May 1 Symposium
Location: Kellogg Conference Center, 800 Florida Avenue, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Time: 7am – 4:30 pm
(approx. 6.5 hours to be provided)
For additional information, contact Cindy Colson at [email protected].